Learn to Break Through Your Pattern of Paralysis, Dwindling Interest and Discouragement
You could just kick yourself thinking of the extra money you’d have in the bank if you’d only followed through on your plans. Or how much farther you’d be in your career if you had a track record of solid implementation.
How about your personal life and reputation? Have you lost or damaged relationships by over-promising and under-delivering?
It hurts when you realize that others are judging your character based only on what they see as the final result.
Creativity, Generosity and Good Intentions Don’t Count When You Can’t Follow Through.
Malcolm, a 40-year-old writer, had more original ideas in a week than most people had in a year. He’d spend hours imagining the screenplay he’d create, and what his life would be like with the money he’d make. Occasionally an idea would make its way onto paper for a few pages. More often, a similar idea would show up on TV or film — conceived and written by someone else.
Jane, a craftsperson who worked in wood, promised her husband’s niece she’d build her an elaborate dollhouse for her birthday. Jane went as far as drawing the plans for the dollhouse. She even bought remnants of contact paper in different patterns to paper the walls. But she never cut the wood or put the dollhouse together. The child’s resulting disappointment on her birthday hurt Jane’s credibility with all her in-laws.
Lee, a management consultant, volunteered to lead a committee at his firm that would create a global database of information products for internal use. Lee had ambitions of making partner at his firm, and knew that leading a project of this scope would dramatically increase his visibility. It did — negatively. Lee was never able to follow through on the organization and attention required to keep the committee afloat, resulting in embarassment and lowered expectations for Lee’s future.
The Keys to Following Through Depend on your Own Pattern of Getting Stuck
Every individual with a history of poor follow-through has their own tendencies of where they start and stop projects; their own unique, predictable pattern. These patterns are like fingerprints. We could call someone’s pattern their “Follow-Through IQ.”
- Incomplete vision – Malcolm’s problem lay in his initial vision. He’d imagine what he would create in detail, but not how or when.
- Poor planning, no timetable – Jane’s vision was strong, but she didn’t planor implement a strategy for actually producing her dollhouse.
- Premature leap to action – Lee leapt into implementation without a clear vision or strategy, before even determining what was feasible. So when he ran into roadblocks early on, he quickly ran out of steam and lost interest.
Once you identify your own pattern, you can predict the areas of difficulty you’ll encounter with new projects.
After personally coaching and teaching hundreds of adults, from students to executives, with follow-through challenges, a few key points became very clear.
The Key Truths About Follow-Through:
- Successful follow-through involves five distinct stages. If any of these stages are incomplete or missing, follow-through suffers.
- Individuals tend to follow the same tendencies again and again, creating a predictable pattern in their follow-through challenges.
- Breaking this pattern requires identifying what actions, triggers and assumptions guide a person’s behavior in each stage.
- Effective solutions depend on the use of organizing tools and structure that suit an individual’s personality, traits and tendencies.
My e-book, “The Keys to Following Through,” will help you identify your patterns and create solutions that will work for you.
Determine Your Follow-Through IQ: The Five Stages of Follow-Through
In “The Keys to Following Through,” you’ll learn about the five distinct stages of follow-through:
- Vision – the idea
- Feasibility – the reality check
- Strategy – the planning and timetable
- Implementation – action
- Completion – tying up loose ends
You’ll be able to graph your own typical Follow-Through IQ pattern. Most importantly, you’ll read about strategies and solutions for problems in each stage.
Here’s How I Can Help You Break Your Pattern
Tailor Strategies to Fit Your Own Personality
“The Keys to Following Through” will use anecdotes and examples to guide you through real-life case studies of people with follow-through challenges. Using these examples, you’ll be able to pick solutions for each stage of follow-through, and customize them to fit your own traits and tendencies.
For example, you’ll learn:
- How to avoid having your vision become merely a “pipe dream.”
- Ways to discern whether roadblocks require abandoning the project or simply tweaking the strategy.
- When it makes sense to “go with your gut,” and when it’s necessary to slow down and test your assumptions.
- How to keep perfectionism from paralyzing your progress.
- How to develop a time sense so you can create a realistic timetable and action plan.
- Ways to delegate aspects of your project without losing control of it.
- How managing expectations of others can provide a built-in mechanism for feedback.
- Strategies for dealing with your own blind spots (the stuff you avoid!)
Get Ideas for Structure and Tools for Organizing
People with poor follow-through will usually say they’re disorganized in one or more of the following areas:
- Time sense and time management
- Clutter and physical organization
- Organization of information
- Delegation of tasks
- Breaking down large projects into small action steps
- Managing expectations of others
- Prioritizing actions
- Remembering deadlines
“The Keys to Following Through” identifies how these issues come into play at each stage, and offers strategies and tools for dealing with the difficulties.
How Do I Know This Works?
As a personal and business coach specializing in coaching Adult Attention Deficit Disorder, I work with people whose follow-through problems have plagued them all their life. Usually highly creative and intuitive — and often brilliant — my clients have seen their potential success diminished due to their life-long inability to follow through.
After reading countless self-help books that haven’t helped, they came to realize they required customized strategies that addressed their unique challenges.
While creating solutions for each client, I saw certain types of customized solutions emerging that would benefit anyone. These became the cornerstone for my workshops, telephone classes, and “The Keys to Following Through” e-book.
Enjoyable to Read, Easy on the Eyes
I could only create an e-book that I’d want to read myself! That means “The Keys to Following Through” is:
- Organized for quick reading
- Colorful and easy to pick out main points at a glance
- Based on real-life case studies and anecdotes from a variety of project types
- Illustrated with line drawings to support the examples
High Value, Low Cost, No-Risk Guarantee
At only $24, “The Keys to Following Through” is one of the highest value strategy guides you’ll find offering coaching strategies.
If you’re not satisfied that “The Keys to Following Through” provides useful strategies to help your follow-through, I’ll give you a full refund within 30 days of purchase.
Just send back your email receipt, along with a brief explanation of why you were dissatisfied (I value your feedback!). Email it to me and I’ll refund your credit card.
Here’s How You Can Follow Through NOW…
Download this e-book right now for only $27.00, and read it immediately.
Click on the “Order E-Book Now” button below to be taken to an order page for your credit card information. A secure processing company manages the page, so your information is kept completely confidential.
After hitting CHECK OUT, scroll down to the BOTTOM of the order page and hit the PLACE ORDER NOW button to complete your transaction.
Your order will be processed immediately. You’ll get an e-mail with a LINK download your e-book right away.
Remember, strategies only work if you work them! So consider this a follow-through project: reading the e-book is Step 1. Next is choosing a project to apply your strategies to. Habits don’t change overnight, and you may need to tweak your strategy to make it perfect for you.
Just CLICK HERE to order your “Keys to Following Through” e-book.
Take this first step, and you can be reading your e-book in less than ten minutes from now.
Trouble Getting Started?
If you have a tough time getting started, consider “The Keys to Getting Started” e-book for breaking through your problems with procrastination, distraction and paralysis.
I also have programs and resources to help:
- Private coaching by phone or in person (New York City)
- Training workshops and public speaking presentations
- Telephone classes
- CD / Audio recording for ADD – AD/HD Adults
- Free e-mail “Thrive with ADD” newsletter with more strategy tips
I look forward to hearing from you!
Bonnie Mincu, MBA, MA Business & Personal Coach New York, NY